I missed the sign up deadline for Foodie Penpals last month. Sad face. I am very happy to be participating again this month! This month I was paired with Paul, a fellow spicy food lover from Arizona. Paul sent me so many awesome things I couldn’t fit them all into one photo! Ok, enough chitchat. Let’s get started!
Up first we have dried kiwi and apple chips. These are my two favorite dried fruits to eat after dried mango. My beloved A&G only sells dried kiwi mixed with other tropical fruits so I am really excited to have an entire bag of just kiwi!
Next, we’ve got wasabi almonds. I have had these before, and I love them! They are not as hot as wasabi peas so if you are weary of trying spicy things this might be a good treat to get your feet wet. They have nice kick, but they won’t make your eyes water and your face turn red.
In the middle we have a Kashi Go Lean Roll. This went right into the glovebox of my car so I could enjoy it as a post workout snack. It might also serve as a “I’m stuck in terrible traffic and need something to eat immediately” snack. We’ll have to see which one comes first. 🙂
To the right we have chicken enchilada soup mix. This is an individual serving of soup. How cleaver! Tortilla soup is a favorite around our house so, since the flavors are similar, I am sure this will be a winner.
So much awesome is happening in this photo, I don’t even know where to start. Let’s go clockwise from the top.
Chili Nuevo Mexico – This is a New Mexico chili powder. I JUST ran out of chili powder so this came at the perfect time! I can’t wait to use this in chili, in burgers, or as a seasoning on grilled veggies!
Cocoacara – This. Chocolate. Is. AMAZING. This is a dark chocolate bar with orange and chili powder. Need I say more?
Mr. Kook’s Indian Style Sprinkler – This burger seasoning sounds really exciting. I can’t wait to try it! I think this would pair nicely with a cool coleslaw topping.
Curry Tree Chickpeas Curry – Another single serving meal. I am happy Paul sent me these things because they will be perfect to keep on hand once I start working full-time in the fall.
Shotgun Willie’s Jalapeño Salsa – The label says this is “Hotter ‘n’ Hell.” I’ll let you know if it lives up to its claim!
Sazón All-Purpose Seasoning – Paul said that he liked to sprinkle this on oven roasted root veggies. Lucky for me, I LOVE oven roasted root veggies!
Garland Jack’s Secret Six BBQ Sauce – My husband is really excited about this one. To be honest, I am not sure what to use BBQ sauce on other than ribs so I am excited to start researching and experimenting ways to use this. This list from Bon Appétit has some great ideas. The BBQ whipped cream with grilled pineapple is calling my name!
Last, but not least, Paul included a jar of Mango Chili sauce. This is another item that I use quite often that I just ran out of. Paul must be a mind-reader! I use this as a dip for steamed veggies, shrimp, and in salad dressings. I usually use Trader Joe’s brand so I am excited to give another brand a whirl.
I can’t thank Paul enough for this fantastic box of goodies! I wish I could be paired with Paul in August when my garden is exploding with peppers and I am looking for takers. I have a feeling he would be the perfect candidate for home-grown jalapeños, fish peppers, and Habaneros.
Wanna be a Foodie Penpal? Find out how! Click the stamp to sign up!
Past Foodie Penpal Reveals:
Here’s a detailed explanation of the program:
– On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
– You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
– The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
– You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
– Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
– Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada!
***If you’re in the UK, please contact Carol Anne from This Is Rock Salt at email@example.com to get involved!