While I can’t believe March is over already, I look forward to the end of the month because it is Foodie Penpal Reveal Day! I love visiting sites from participating bloggers and seeing what everyone received.
This month I was paired with Mary, a reader from the East Coast. She and I have been emailing back and forth throughout the month and she is just as sweet as can be. Here is a picture of what she sent me.
I am out-of-town at the moment so I had my husband send me a photo of the goods. I can’t wait to get home and dig in! In the box was:
- Nature Valley Protein Bars (Salted Caramel!)
- Planter’s Nut Medley (Pistachio, Almonds, Peanuts, Pecans, Hazelnuts, and Walnuts)
- Stash Ginger Peach tea (LOVE Stash tea!)
- Coppola Artichoke Marinara sauce (a locally made and jarred sauce)
I am the most excited about the artichoke marinara sauce. When I lived in California, I ate artichokes at least three times a week (no joke). I LOVE artichokes! They are one of my favorite vegetables, but can rarely be found in Chicago outside of summer. Typically, they are also very expensive, but I buy them regardless of price because I love them so much. I plan on using this sauce on spaghetti squash or to make zucchini pizza boats. I might even break my Paleo diet and make some wonton pizza pockets.
The nut medley and protein bars will be a great post-workout snack and the tea will be a great addition to my collection. I drink tea every night before bed and ginger/peach is one of my favorite combinations. I am going to save a few packets and drink it iced once the weather warms up a bit.
THANK YOU, Mary for your thoughtful box of goodies! I can’t wait to sign-up again next month.
Past Foodie Penpal Reveals:
Wanna be a Foodie Penpal? Find out how! Click the stamp to sign up!
Here’s a detailed explanation of the program:
– On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
– You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
– The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
– You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
– Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
– Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada!
***If you’re in the UK, please contact Carol Anne from This Is Rock Salt at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved!