OMG! This recipe is amazing. I think I might love cauliflower now, which is good because cauliflower is low in calories and packed full of vitamin C. Ok, ok enough with the boring stuff. On to the chocolate!
I received an email from Vosges Haut Chocolate with this recipe for cocoa roasted cauliflower. I was intrigued, Googled it, and found this recipe on The Clothes Make the Girl, which sounded so much better. It was! I am a sucker for coconut oil so I was in as soon as I saw that.
OMG. So good.
Next time I make this I am going to omit the paprika because the coconut oil, salt, and cocoa powder together are such a wonderful sweet, salty, savory combination. I’m not sure the paprika adds enough umph for me to use it again, but experiment, you might love it! I am also going to use fresh garlic because freshly roasted garlic is one of the best things ever.
Cocoa Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Salt and garlic powder (or fresh garlic) to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a bowl and toss cauliflower until it is evenly distributed. Note: We do not have a microwave so I melted the coconut oil by blasting it with a hairdryer. Worked like a charm! True story.
- Spread cauliflower on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt, garlic, and cocoa powder.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes.